What To Know Before You Visit December 9 & 10
Storm King expects light snow and below freezing temperatures on Saturday, December 9. The Art Center expects to open as normal but with restricted amenities. Tram service, bicycle rentals, and tours will not be available. In the case of severe weather, Storm King may close some or all of our site. Below is the information you need to know when planning your trip.
$18 – Adults
$15 – Seniors (65+ with valid ID)
$ 8 – Ages 5–18 and Students (with valid ID)
Free – Children under 4 and Members
Tours & Amenities
- Highlights tours will not take place Saturday, December 9
- Due to weather conditions, bike rentals will be closed and tram tours will not operate.
- Storm King Food Truck will be open from 11AM–3:30PM, serving soup, hot dogs, chili, and warm drinks. Located next to the heated tent in East parking.
- Most outdoor works in Storm King’s permanent collection will be on view across the grounds.
- Our 2017 Special Exhibitions closed in November. Sculptures that were part of these exhibitions will no longer be on view.
- As we prepare for colder temperatures, some sculptures will be winterized or removed from view.
- Visitor safety is our top concern. Subject to weather conditions, some areas of the Art Center may be closed.
- The Visitor Center/Museum Store will be open.
- The Galleries in the Museum Building will be closed.
- Please plan to spend the majority of your time outside and dress appropriately for the weather.
Hazardous Weather and Closing
- If Storm King is forced to close due to hazardous weather, we will update our website, phone, and social media channels with the closure information.
- Please use your best judgment when visiting Storm King. If conditions are hazardous near you, please do not put yourself at risk by traveling.
- For Navigating, use our address “1 Museum Road
New Windsor, NY 12553”
- Coach USA bus service from New York City to Storm King will not be running.
- The MTA Hudson Valley Getaway package with Metro North is not available during our extended season.
- If there is ice or snow cover on the ground, some parts of the Art Center may be closed off. Visitors will be provided with a map indicating the open areas of the grounds.
- In case of snow cover, snowshoes may be permitted in certain designated areas.
- Skis, ice skates, sleds, and snowmobiles are not permitted.
- We encourage our visitors to explore the nearby Town of Cornwall, New York before or after your visit to Storm King. See attractions and restaurants on our local amenities page.