What To Know Before You Visit December 2–4 & December 9–11
Storm King will remain open during the first two weekends in December. However, limited services will be available during this time. Below is the information you need to know when planning your trip.
$15 – Adults
$12 – Seniors (65+ with valid ID)
$ 8 – Ages 5–18 and Students (with valid ID)
Free – Children under 4 and Members
Tours & Amenities
- Highlights tours take place at 1pm and will depart from outside the Museum Building.
- Bike rentals will not be available.
- Tram tours will operate unless there is snow or ice on the ground.
- Limited food service will be available.
- Our 2016 Special Exhibitions close November 13. Sculptures that are part of these exhibitions will no longer be on view.
- Many works in Storm King’s permanent collection will be on view across the grounds.
- As we prepare for colder temperatures and extreme weather conditions, some sculptures will be winterized.
- Visitor safety is our top concern. Based on snowfall and weather conditions, some areas of the Art Center may be restricted.
- The Visitor Center/Museum Store will be open.
- The Galleries in the Museum Building will be closed.
- Please plan to spend the majority of your time outside and dress appropriately for the weather.
- In the event that Storm King closes due to hazardous weather conditions we will update our website, phone, and social media channels with the closure information.
- Please use your best judgment when visiting Storm King. If conditions are hazardous near you, please do not put yourself at risk by traveling.
- For Navigating, use our address “1 Museum Road
New Windsor, NY 12553”
- The MTA Hudson Valley Getaway package with Metro North will no longer be in effect.
- Coach USA bus service from New York City to Storm King will not be running.
- If there is ice or snow cover on the ground, some parts of the Art Center may be closed off. Visitors will be provided with a map indicating the open areas of the grounds.
- In case of snow cover, snowshoes will be permitted in certain designated areas.
- Skis, ice skates, sleds, and snowmobiles will not be permitted.
- We encourage our visitors to explore the nearby town of Cornwall, New York before or after your visit to Storm King. See attractions and restaurants on our local amenities page.