Hudson Valley Shakespeare Festival: Love’s Labour’s Lost
6:00pm — 7:30pm
Savor the last weekend of summer with a sunset production of William Shakespeare’s Love’s Labour’s Lost. Performances at 6:00PM on Friday, September 1 and Saturday, September 2. Presented by the Hudson Valley Shakespeare Festival. Tickets available for purchase on Eventbrite.
IMPORTANT EVENT INFORMATION
- This is a ticketed event. Attendees must purchase tickets for the performance in order to attend. PURCHASE TICKETS
- Seating is general admission.
- We strongly encourage you to bring your own blankets and chairs. No chairs will be provided.
- Access to the performance area (where you may set up blankets and chairs) opens at 5pm.
- We expect both days will be very busy at the Art Center and there may be a delay getting through the booth. We recommend allowing yourself at least an hour and a half to come through the admission booth, park, check in, and set up your chair/blanket.
- Food and beverages are available for purchase from our food truck and the Storm King Cafe, until 7pm on both evenings.
- Visitors may also bring their own picnics.
- In case of severe weather, performances will be cancelled, and all ticket holders will be issued full refunds.
- In the event a performance is cancelled, Storm King will communicate this across all platforms (website, phone, social media, etc.).
About Love’s Labour’s Lost
By William Shakespeare | Directed by Ian Belknap
Featuring the HVSF Conservatory Company
A Co-Production with The Acting Company
Love is a familiar. Love is a devil. There is no evil angel but Love. The King of Navarre and his lords have sworn off the pleasures of life to pursue their studies, but can their oaths hold up when a princess and her ladies come to town? Men and women test their own constitutions in this hilarious Shakespearean comedy that forces gentlemen in love to keep love – and food, and sleep – at arms’ length.
About the Hudson Valley Shakespeare Festival
Celebrating its 31st season in 2017, Hudson Valley Shakespeare Festival (HVSF) is a critically acclaimed, professional, non-profit theater company based in Garrison, NY. The Festival has established a reputation for lucid, engaging, and highly inventive productions featuring exceptional industry talent and a backdrop of stunning vistas overlooking the Hudson River at historic Boscobel House and Gardens. HVSF also takes the magic of Shakespeare and live theater throughout the tri-state region by touring limited runs of fan favorites through its HVSF On The Road series. HVSF’s acclaimed arts education programs also include training for early-career theater artists by way of its Conservatory Company, professional development for educators, and free audience engagement offerings before and after performances throughout the summer.