Please Note: Excessive Heat Warning – 12PM Friday through 8PM Sunday
The Hudson Valley is currently under a severe heat warning. Storm King does not have air-conditioned spaces. If you are planning to visit, please bring plenty of water, sunscreen, and dress appropriately.
January Winter Weekend
11:00am — 3:00pm
Enjoy access to Storm King in the off-season. Explore the sculpture and grounds in the brilliant winter landscape. Guests are invited to tour the grounds on January 28 & 29 from 11am-3pm.
Members receive free admission
Tours & Amenities
- Tram tours will operate unless there is snow or ice on the ground.
- Limited food service will be available.
- Bike rentals will not be available.
- Many works in Storm King’s permanent collection will be on view across the grounds.
As we prepare for colder temperatures and extreme weather conditions, some sculptures will be winterized and may not be on view.
- Visitor safety is our top concern. Based on snowfall and weather conditions, some areas of the Art Center may be restricted.
- The Visitor Center/Museum Store will be open.
- The Galleries in the Museum Building will be closed.
- Please plan to spend the majority of your time outside and dress appropriately for the weather.
- In the event that Storm King closes due to hazardous weather conditions we will update our website, phone, and social media channels with the closure information.
- Please use your best judgment when visiting Storm King. If conditions are hazardous near you, please do not put yourself at risk by traveling.
- For Navigating, use our address “1 Museum Road
New Windsor, NY 12553”
- The MTA Hudson Valley Getaway package with Metro-North will no longer be in effect.
- Coach USA bus service from New York City to Storm King will not be running.
- If there is ice or snow cover on the ground, some parts of the Art Center may be closed off. Visitors will be provided with a map indicating the open areas of the grounds.
- In case of snow cover, snowshoes will be permitted in certain designated areas.
- Skis, ice skates, sleds, and snowmobiles will not be permitted.