Public Program: Somatic Meditation and Improvised Movement Session with Remy Maelen of GOODWITCH
2:00pm — 3:30pm
Remy Maelen leads a sensory-based meditation with an herbal tincture created in response to RA Walden’s access points // or // alternative states of matter(ing). The meditation begins with a brief introduction to the potion formula and its physical and poetic ingredients. This is an immersive experience preparing visitors to explore Storm King as an internal landscape experienced through the body. Maelen states, “Ideas and emotions, like scents, flavors, and sounds, are body experiences. Ingesting the potion, we’ll feel into the synesthetic interrelation of our ‘internal’ and ‘external’ worlds. Ground gently or dissolve into unity. We are Nature.”
- This program is free with admission, but registration is required. Register Now >
- Program location: meet at RA Waden’s access points // or // alternative states of matter(ing) near the South Ponds.
- Movement is fully self-determined and does not require standing.
- Designed to be accessible to those living with chronic pain, limited or hyper-mobility, and other complicated body experiences.
- All ages welcome, no prior experience necessary.
Remy Maelen is an artist, herbalist, movement facilitator and community organizer working to create collective language around embodiment and care. Fluctuating abilities shape her focus around accessibility and interdependence. All her work is collaborative. She makes herbal formulas, art, writings and movement-based mediations through GOODWITCH, her interdisciplinary care practice since 2013. Since 2020, she has served as director of the Herbal Mutual Aid Network—a grassroots organization providing herbs and other healing resources to marginalized people at no cost. Currently based around Hudson in upstate New York, she still considers NYC to be a home place and often works and organizes there—most recently as an artist in residence at Performance Space NY’s Open Movement series. Find her work at goodwitch.world and @goodwitch.world on Instagram. Receive care or support the Herbal Mutual Aid Network at opencollective.com.