11:00am — 4:00pm
Enjoy access to Storm King during the off-season during our March Winter Weekend. Explore the sculpture and grounds in the brilliant winter landscape. Storm King Members will receive free admission and special perks on-site, sponsored by 2 Alices in Cornwall.
The Art Center gate will open at 11AM and a walking tour will be held at 1PM on both Saturday and Sunday, which is open to the public on a first come first served basis.
Storm King Members have the exclusive opportunity to take a guided Snowshoe Tour of the grounds at 1PM, weather permitting. If you are interested in taking a Snowshoe Tour, advance registration is required, email email@example.com to reserve your spot. Please note, space is limited and snow shoes are not provided.
From 2-4PM, Members can warm up in our Member-only Lounge sponsored by 2 Alices with a hot cup of cocoa or coffee, and enjoy a delicious apple cider doughnut from Adams Fairacre Farms. While supplies last.
The Winter Weekend is an outdoor event. Come prepared for being outdoors in a cold, icy and wintry environment. We cannot emphasize enough the importance of dressing warmly and wearing appropriate footwear.
What to wear
- Dress warmly and in layers! We suggest a winter coat, hat, and gloves.
- Outdoor, waterproof footwear with non-slip treads.
- A rainproof jacket is suggested.
- As we prepare for colder temperatures and extreme weather conditions, some sculptures will be winterized and may not be on view.
- Visitor safety is our top concern, and all visitors must stay on the cleared walking paths. Some areas of the Art Center will be restricted due to unsafe snow conditions.
- There will be no tram.
- If there is ice or snow cover on the ground, some parts of the Art Center will be closed off. Visitors will be provided with a map indicating the open areas of the grounds.
- Skis, ice skates, sleds, and snowmobiles are not permitted.
- Snowshoes are only permitted on the Member-only snowshoe tour. Advance registration is required. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details or to register.
- In the event that Storm King closes due to hazardous weather conditions we will update our website, phone, and social media channels with the closure information.
- Please use your best judgment when visiting Storm King. If conditions are hazardous near you, please do not put yourself at risk by traveling.
- The Museum Store will be open.
- The Galleries in the Museum Building will be closed.
- Please plan to spend most of your time outside and dress appropriately for the weather.
Refreshments from Fresh Company will be available in Gallery 3
- Strongtree coffee, decaf, hot tea…$2.25
- Sparkling water…$2.50
- Pellegrino soda…$2.50
- Hot chocolate…$3
- Seasonal vegetarian soup w/roll…$6.50
- Local beef & black bean chili, sour cream, green heat w/roll…$7.00
- Cowgirl vegetarian chili, sour cream, green heat w/roll…$6.75