Please Note: Storm King will close at 4PM, Saturday, June 22, 2019
In order to prepare for our annual Summer Solstice Celebration, Storm King will close at 4PM, Saturday, June 22, 2019.Last admission into Storm King will be at 3:15PM.
To learn more and purchase tickets to the event, visit www.stormkingsummersolstice.org
11:00am — 4:00pm
Enjoy access to Storm King during the off-season during our March Winter Weekend. Explore the sculpture and grounds in the brilliant winter landscape. Storm King Members will receive free admission and special perks on-site, sponsored by 2 Alices in Cornwall.
The Art Center gate will open at 11AM and a walking tour will be held at 1PM on both Saturday and Sunday, which is open to the public on a first come first served basis.
Storm King Members have the exclusive opportunity to take a guided Snowshoe Tour of the grounds at 1PM, weather permitting. If you are interested in taking a Snowshoe Tour, advance registration is required, email email@example.com to reserve your spot. Please note, space is limited and snow shoes are not provided.
From 2-4PM, Members can warm up in our Member-only Lounge sponsored by 2 Alices with a hot cup of cocoa or coffee, and enjoy a delicious apple cider doughnut from Adams Fairacre Farms. While supplies last.
The Winter Weekend is an outdoor event. Come prepared for being outdoors in a cold, icy and wintry environment. We cannot emphasize enough the importance of dressing warmly and wearing appropriate footwear.
What to wear
- Dress warmly and in layers! We suggest a winter coat, hat, and gloves.
- Outdoor, waterproof footwear with non-slip treads.
- A rainproof jacket is suggested.
- As we prepare for colder temperatures and extreme weather conditions, some sculptures will be winterized and may not be on view.
- Visitor safety is our top concern, and all visitors must stay on the cleared walking paths. Some areas of the Art Center will be restricted due to unsafe snow conditions.
- There will be no tram.
- If there is ice or snow cover on the ground, some parts of the Art Center will be closed off. Visitors will be provided with a map indicating the open areas of the grounds.
- Skis, ice skates, sleds, and snowmobiles are not permitted.
- Snowshoes are only permitted on the Member-only snowshoe tour. Advance registration is required. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details or to register.
- In the event that Storm King closes due to hazardous weather conditions we will update our website, phone, and social media channels with the closure information.
- Please use your best judgment when visiting Storm King. If conditions are hazardous near you, please do not put yourself at risk by traveling.
- The Museum Store will be open.
- The Galleries in the Museum Building will be closed.
- Please plan to spend most of your time outside and dress appropriately for the weather.
Refreshments from Fresh Company will be available in Gallery 3
- Strongtree coffee, decaf, hot tea…$2.25
- Sparkling water…$2.50
- Pellegrino soda…$2.50
- Hot chocolate…$3
- Seasonal vegetarian soup w/roll…$6.50
- Local beef & black bean chili, sour cream, green heat w/roll…$7.00
- Cowgirl vegetarian chili, sour cream, green heat w/roll…$6.75