Important information for Storm King visitors Thursday, December 5th
Due to the impacts of the recent winter storm, Storm King will remain closed to the public on Thursday, December 5th.
PLAN YOUR TRIP
Storm King Art Center
1 Museum Road
New Windsor, NY 12553
We encourage you to take public transportation to Storm King, and to visit during off-peak times during the week, through April – August, to help steward our environment and enjoy the most authentic and intimate Storm King experience.
Storm King offers bus and train packages from NYC which include discounted admission to the Art Center. The Storm King Shuttle is available on Saturdays, Sundays, and holiday Mondays for round-trip service to and from the Beacon Train Station. Pre-purchase is required. Book your seat >
Ride sharing services, such as Lyft and Uber are also available in the area. Please be aware that wait times for ride sharing may be longer than in more populated regions.
METRO-NORTH TO BEACON TRAIN STATION
• Take the Metro-North Train via the Hudson Line from Grand Central Station to the Beacon Train Station.
• From Grand Central Terminal visitors can buy a ticket to the Beacon Station that includes discounted Storm King admission with the Metro-North Getaway Package.
• From the Beacon Train Station, you can take a taxi or ride share to Storm King, or purchase separate tickets for the Storm King Shuttle.
NEW JERSEY TRANSIT/METRO-NORTH TO SALISBURY MILLS TRAIN STATION
• Take New Jersey Transit or Metro-North from Penn Station to the Salisbury Mills Train Station, three miles from Storm King by taxi. For more information: www.njtransit.com.
Coach USA (Short Line Bus) offers two different day packages to Storm King, leaving from the Port Authority Bus Terminal (42nd St. & 8th Avenue on the 3rd Floor) in New York City. Please visit www.coachusa.com or call 800.631.8405.
• Package #1, includes a trip to the Woodbury Common Premium Outlets (Purchase now)
9:55AM—Arrive at Storm King
1:47PM—Depart Storm King for Woodbury Common Premium Outlets
There are many different choices of departure times to return to New York City from Woodbury Common, please see the Coach USA website for details.
• Package #2 (Purchase now)
11:25AM—Arrive at Storm King
5:02PM—Depart Storm King
The taxi companies in the area are:
All Family, 845.565.1616
Tony’s Taxi, 845.562.7444
Jessie’s Limo and Car Service (Beacon), 845.401.0227
Below are approximate fares from Storm King Art Center to the listed locations:
The Town of Cornwall (Center): rates start at $10
Salisbury Mills Train Station: rates start at $15
Stewart Airport: rates start at $17
Beacon Train Station: rates start at $22.50
Storm King offers shuttle service to and from the Beacon Metro-North Train Station on Saturdays,Sundays, and holiday Mondays. Pre-purchase is required. Book your seat >
Storm King Shuttle Schedule
Saturdays, Sundays, and Holiday Mondays
Departing Beacon Train Station for Storm King:
Departing Storm King for Beacon Train Station: