2019 Winter Weekends at Storm King
During our Winter Weekends, Storm King expects to open as normal but with restricted amenities. Bicycle rentals will not be available. In the case of severe weather, Storm King may close some or all of our site. Below is the information you need to know when planning your trip.
$18 – Adults
$15 – Seniors (65+ with valid ID)
$ 8 – Ages 5–18 and Students (with valid ID)
Free – Children ages 4 and under, Storm King Members, and Federal Employees plus one guest (with valid ID)
Tours & Amenities
- Docent Guided Highlights Tour, departs at 1PM in front of the Museum Building
- Due to weather conditions, bike rentals will be closed
- Tram tours will operate from 12:00PM – 3:00PM every hour, weather depending. Trams will not run if there is ice or snow on the ground.
- Food services will be available from 11:30AM – 3:30PM inside the Museum Building
- Most outdoor works in Storm King’s permanent collection will be on view across the grounds.
- Our 2018 Special Exhibitions closed in November. Sculptures that were part of these exhibitions will no longer be on view.
- In preparation for cold temperatures, some sculptures have been winterized or removed from view.
- Visitor safety is our top concern. Subject to weather conditions, some areas of the Art Center may be closed.
- The Visitor Center/Museum Store will be open.
- The Galleries in the Museum Building will be closed.
- Please plan to spend the majority of your time outside and dress appropriately for the weather.
Hazardous Weather and Closing
- If Storm King is forced to close due to hazardous weather, we will update our website, phone, and social media channels with the closure information.
- Please use your best judgment when visiting Storm King. If conditions are hazardous near you, please do not put yourself at risk by traveling.
- For Navigating, use our address “1 Museum Road
New Windsor, NY 12553”
- Coach USA bus service from New York City to Storm King will not be running.
- The MTA Hudson Valley Getaway package with Metro North is not available during our extended season.
- If there is ice or snow cover on the ground, some parts of the Art Center may be closed off. Visitors will be provided with a map indicating the open areas of the grounds.
- In case of snow cover, snowshoes may be permitted in certain designated areas.
- Skis, ice skates, sleds, and snowmobiles are not permitted.
- We encourage our visitors to explore the nearby Town of Cornwall, New York before or after your visit to Storm King. See attractions and restaurants on our local amenities page.