SOLD OUT THIS WEEKEND
Tickets for this weekend (February 27 – 28) are sold out. Check back Monday, March 1 at 12PM for tickets March 6 – 21!
WINTER WEEKENDS 2021
Storm King will be open to visitors on Saturdays and Sundays only through March 21.
Tickets for visits February 6 – 28 are now available:
General Admission tickets for visits March 6 – 21 will be available on Monday, March 1 at noon.
Advance tickets are required for all visitors (including Members). All ticket reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis and entry will not be permitted without an advance reservation.
HOURS & ADMISSION
WINTER WEEKENDS 2021
Storm King will be open to visitors on Saturdays and Sundays only, January 16 – March 21. Advance tickets are required for all visitors (including Members).
WINTER WEEKEND HOURS
Saturdays and Sundays only, 10AM – 4:30PM
Member Mornings: Sundays 10 – 11AM
Closed Martin Luther King Jr. Day (1/18) and Presidents Day (2/15)
WINTER WEEKEND ADMISSION PRICING
Per-vehicle pricing is in effect. Visitors may reserve tickets for up to 6 people per vehicle (children under 5 do not need to be counted in your total).
Car (1 person) $20.00
Car (2 people) $40.00
Car (3 people) $48.00
Car (4 people) $68.00
Car (5 people) $76.00
Car (6 people) $84.00
There is no additional fee for parking. Please note, we are currently unable to accommodate groups larger than 6 and vehicles larger than a standard parking space.
Storm King is pleased to offer complimentary admission during Winter Weekends to the following visitors:
- Frontline healthcare professionals (doctors, nurses, hospital staff, EMTs, paramedics)
- Active military and their family
- SNAP participants/EBT cardholders via Museums for All (visit the FAQ on Museums for All website)
- Modern and Contemporary Reciprocal Membership Program (Mod/Co)
- American Association of Museum (AAM) Members
- International Committee of Museums (ICOM)
- Sotheby’s Preferred Members
- Staff of other museums
- Storm King Partner School/Organization students, families, and educators
- If your local library participates in our Membership program, please contact them to check out a pass before reserving tickets
WINTER WEEKEND FAQ
It’s supposed to snow / be really cold, will Storm King close?
Storm King is open rain, shine, or snow! If Storm King needs to close due to a weather emergency, you will receive an email in advance of your visit, notifying you of the closure. You can also check our website for day-of notifications.
Are walkways cleared when it snows?
Yes, please refer to the Winter Weekend map for cleared walkways. When there is significant snow cover (no visible grass), please walk only on the cleared paths and keep off snow-covered areas to avoid hazards. Signage and staff will be posted to alert visitors of restricted-access areas.
Are restrooms available?
Yes. Conventional restrooms with changing tables are available behind the Museum Building (on Museum Hill near East Parking). Porta Johns are located throughout the grounds and marked on the visitor map.
Is the café open?
The Food Truck will be open from 11AM – 3PM in the North Parking lot. Service is outdoor-only and will offer a limited menu (including warm drinks and vegetarian options). Online orders are encouraged for contactless pickup during your visit. Click here to view the menu and order in advance.
Are there places to warm up?
No, there is no indoor access at this time and the Museum Building and Museum Store remain closed. Please dress for the cold: wear layers, snow boots, hats, gloves, scarves, and other warm outerwear.
Can I bring my snowshoes / bike / sled / cross-country skis?
No, recreational equipment is not permitted on Storm King grounds.
Are there tours?
Guided tours are currently on pause. For a self-guided experience, text STORM to 56512 to access Storm King’s audio guide. Message and data rates may apply.
I can’t make my ticket time, can I cancel or reschedule?
All ticket sales are final. No cancellations, rescheduling, or refunds. If you cannot make your scheduled time, we suggest passing your General Admission ticket along to a family member or friends.
GETTING TO STORM KING
Storm King Art Center is located in the town of Cornwall, NY.
For GPS purposes use:
1 Museum Road
New Windsor, NY 12553
Metro-North provides service from Grand Central Terminal to Beacon station, approximately 30 minutes to Storm King via rideshare or taxi. For more information and train schedules, visit mta.info.
RIDESHARE / TAXI
Ridesharing services such as Lyft and Uber are available in the area, but wait times may be longer than in more populated regions. Please refer to your service’s health & safety guidelines before riding.
Local taxi services:
- All Family: 845.565.1616
- Tony’s Taxi: 845.562.7444
- Jessie’s Limo and Car Service (Beacon): 845.401.0227
Day packages from NYC to Storm King via Coach USA (ShortLine bus) remain temporarily suspended.
Food & Outdoor Café
The Food Truck will be open during Winter Weekends, offering a limited menu (vegetarian options included).
11AM – 3PM
North Parking lot
VIEW MENU & ORDER ONLINE
Online orders are encouraged for contactless pickup during your visit. On-site (walk-up) orders are also available.
Bike Rentals are closed through the winter. Please note: personal bikes are not permitted at Storm King.
GROUP VISITS & TOURS
As Storm King adheres to NY Forward guidelines, group bookings remain suspended until further notice.
For a self-guided experience, text STORM to 56512 to access Storm King’s audio guide. Storm King staff and artists speak about sculptures from our permanent collection and long-term loans, as well as special exhibitions. Message and data rates may apply.
We look forward to once again being able to safely welcome school groups, adult and non-profit community groups, and business and tourism groups.
MUSEUM BUILDING: VISITOR CENTER, GALLERIES & STORE
The Museum Building—including the Visitor Center, indoor galleries, and Museum Store—remains closed.
Conventional restrooms equipped with changing tables are available behind the Museum Building, which is located on Museum Hill near East Parking. Porta Johns are located throughout the grounds and marked on the map.
Please visit the Museum Store online to shop for Storm King merchandise, books, games and activities for kids, and more. Members receive a 10% discount on all purchases.
GROUNDS & ACCESSIBILITY
Storm King is a 500-acre outdoor sculpture museum. Please come prepared to spend the day outdoors, check the weather forecast, and wear comfortable walking shoes. Visitors are encouraged to bring their own face masks, water bottles, and hand sanitizer.
Conventional flush toilets with changing tables are located on Museum Hill behind the Museum Building. Porta Johns are located throughout Storm King. All facilities are marked on the map which is posted to kiosks on-site and can be downloaded here. Due to increased cleaning frequency, restrooms may be temporarily inaccessible at certain times throughout the day and signage will indicate such. Social distancing and face coverings are required for visitors queuing Porta Johns and when inside conventional restrooms.
Storm King’s tram service is not able to operate in compliance with social distancing restrictions. Visitors who use wheelchairs are requested to use the paved paths around the site. Paved paths are indicated on the map, and Visitor Services staff can help suggest routes that avoid steep terrain.
Wheelchairs are available for use free of charge on a first-come, first-served basis and can be requested from a staff member on arrival.
Storm King welcomes ADA Title III service animals. Storm King does not allow pets, emotional support animals, comfort animals, or therapy dogs.
Storm King’s grounds comprise varied terrain including rolling meadows, hills, wooded areas, paved paths, and gravel paths. Strollers and wheelchairs can utilize both the paved and gravel paths.
Much of Storm King is open to the elements, is wooded, has running or sitting water, and is home to wild animals, reptiles, and insects. While Storm King’s staff engages in maintenance and landscape management, visitors must be aware of the natural surroundings, including fallen and falling limbs, insects, reptiles, wild animals, mud, water hazards, steep slopes, and loose and uneven surfaces. If you require first aid for bee stings, falls, etc., please contact a member of our Visitor Services Staff.
If you have additional questions about ADA accessibility, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
GENERAL VISITOR POLICIES
- Pets: Storm King welcomes ADA Title III service animals. Storm King does not allow pets, emotional support animals, comfort animals, or therapy dogs.
- No Smoking: Smoking, including electronic cigarettes, are not permitted on Storm King’s grounds.
- Personal Bikes: Storm King does not allow the use of personal bicycles, scooters, skateboards, or hover boards for reasons of liability and congestion on pathways.
- Recreational Sports: Snowshoes, skis, kites, Frisbees®, balls, and other recreational items are not permitted and must be left in your car. Playing sports or jogging on the grounds is not allowed.
- Photography and Drones: Photography is welcome at Storm King for personal use only. No commercial use or publication of any images of or relating to Storm King is allowed without prior approval, please visit the Private Events page to submit a photo/film request. Use of drones or any aerial vehicles at Storm King or over Storm King’s air space is not permitted.
- Sculpture Conservation: Help us preserve Storm King’s collection for future generations. Even natural oils of clean hands can damage the surfaces of sculptures. Please enjoy our long and native grass fields, but do not stand in these areas. Touching, walking on, or climbing on works of art is prohibited at this time. A small number of interactive sculptures will be cordoned off to reinforce this measure.
- Picnicking: You are welcome to bring in food and use the designated picnic areas located adjacent to the North and South parking areas. Please adhere to physical distancing (6 ft.) between groups in the picnic area and dispose of your trash and recyclables properly. Blankets are permitted on the lawn in both picnic areas, away from the sculptures. Please be respectful of other visitors and operations. Do not hold picnic tables, bring tents, furniture, cooking equipment, or play audible music.
- Strollers: Strollers are allowed and most strollers are suitable for the gravel roads around the property. Due to the varied, sometimes hilly, terrain, heavy-duty strollers are encouraged. Strollers are not allowed in the Galleries of the Museum Building.
To view or download a map of Storm King’s grounds and sculpture locations, please click here.
For recommendations on visiting the Town of Cornwall and other areas near Storm King, please visit the Local Amenities page.