SOLD OUT THIS WEEKEND, DECEMBER 5 - 6
RESERVE TICKETS (REQUIRED FOR ALL VISITORS)
Storm King Art Center is currently open as an outdoor-only experience with limited amenities. We are adhering to NY state mandates for Outdoor Arts & Entertainment, which means that on-site parking capacity is reduced to 33%. To help manage this reduced capacity, timed-entry tickets are required for all visitors (including Members), and all tickets must be reserved in advance. Entry will not be permitted without an advance ticket reservation.
Tickets have been released for visits through the end of the season, December 13. Please stay tuned for updates on our Winter Weekend schedule.
RESERVE GENERAL ADMISSION TICKETS
Wednesday – Monday (closed Tuesdays). General Admission tickets are priced per-vehicle and include admission and parking on-site at Storm King. Remember to review our visitor policies below before booking your visit.
RESERVE BEACON SHUTTLE TICKETS (WEEKENDS ONLY)
This ticket package includes round-trip shuttle transportation from Beacon Metro-North Station and admission to Storm King. Please see the ticketing page for details. Metro-North tickets must be purchased separately.
MEMBERS must log in to access free admission benefits and Member-only times. Join or renew as a Member to receive free admission all year, access during select Member-only times, invitations to virtual programs and events, and discounts in the online Museum Store.
Need help? Use the live chat function in the bottom corner of your browser window to speak with a staff member during open hours (Wed-Mon).
HOURS & ADMISSION
HOURS: Wednesday–Monday (closed Tuesdays), 10am–4:30pm
Closed Thursday, November 26 (Thanksgiving)
Last day of the season is Sunday, December 13
MEMBER MORNINGS: Sundays from 10am–11am
Timed-entry tickets are required for all visitors. Entry times are hourly from 10am until 2pm. Visitors must arrive on-site during the hour indicated on your ticket. Visitors who arrive prior to the confirmed time will be asked to return at the designated time.
Per-vehicle pricing is in effect. Visitors may reserve tickets for up to 6 people per vehicle (children under 5 do not need to be counted in your total).
Car (1 person) $20.00
Car (2 people) $40.00
Car (3 people) $48.00
Car (4 people) $68.00
Car (5 people) $76.00
Car (6 people) $84.00
There is no additional fee for parking. Please note, we are currently unable to accommodate groups larger than 6 and vehicles larger than a standard parking space.
Storm King is pleased to offer complimentary admission for the 2020 season to the following visitors. Please call us at 845-534-3115 to access these free admission benefits:
- Frontline healthcare professionals (doctors, nurses, hospital staff, EMTs, paramedics)
- Active military and their family
- SNAP participants/EBT cardholders via Museums for All (visit the FAQ on Museums for All website)
- Modern and Contemporary Reciprocal Membership Program (Mod/Co)
- American Association of Museum (AAM) Members
- International Committee of Museums (ICOM)
- Sotheby’s Preferred Members
- Staff of other museums
- Storm King Partner School/Organization students, families, and educators
- If your local library participates in our Membership program, please contact them to check out a pass before reserving tickets
Storm King is currently operating as an outdoor-only experience with limited amenities. On-site programs remain suspended until further notice.
Health & Safety/What to Expect
- Advance Reservations Required: Timed-entry tickets are required for all visitors (including Members) and must be reserved in advance. Entry will not be permitted without an advance ticket reservation. Ticket reservations are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Before Your Visit: Plan to spend your day outdoors and check the weather before your visit (we’re open rain or shine!). During the late-fall and winter months, prepare for walking in the cold. Wear comfortable shoes/boots, bring your mask, a water bottle, and hand sanitizer.
- Arrival: Please arrive to Storm King during the hour shown on your ticket. Upon arrival, Storm King staff will direct you to the contactless ticket processing area, please stay in your vehicle and our staff will scan your ticket through your closed window. You will then be directed towards the parking area and are free to enjoy our 500 acres until closing time.
- Physical Distancing: For everyone’s safety, observe a physical distance of six feet from staff and visitors not in your family/arrival party. Please wear a face covering if a six-foot distance cannot be maintained, such as walking along narrow paths, in the elevator, and when queuing for/inside restrooms. Staff will enforce these rules in accordance with NY State guidelines.
- Restrooms: Conventional restrooms equipped with changing tables are available behind the Museum Building, which is located on Museum Hill near East Parking. Porta Johns are located throughout the grounds and marked on the map.
- Amenities: The following amenities remain closed: Tram service and the Museum Building—including the Visitor Center, indoor galleries, and Museum Store (you can still shop online). The Outdoor Café is now open for on-site pickup (see Food tab below for details), however the Food Truck and Café Cart remain closed.
- Audio Tour: Storm King staff and artists speak about sculptures from our permanent collection and long-term loans, as well as special exhibitions. Text STORM to 56512 to access Storm King’s audio tour. Message and data rates may apply.
General Visitor Policies
- Pets: Storm King welcomes ADA Title III service animals. Storm King does not allow pets, emotional support animals, comfort animals, or therapy dogs.
- Smoking: Smoking, including electronic cigarettes, are not permitted on Storm King’s grounds.
- Personal Bikes: Storm King does not allow the use of personal bicycles, scooters, skateboards, or hover boards for reasons of liability and congestion on pathways.
- Recreational Sports: Bikes, kites, Frisbees®, balls, and other recreational items are not permitted and must be left in your car. Playing sports or jogging on the grounds is not allowed.
- Photography and Drones: Photography is welcome at Storm King for personal use only. No commercial use or publication of any images of or relating to Storm King is allowed without prior approval, please visit the Private Events page to submit a photo/film request. Use of drones or any aerial vehicles at Storm King or over Storm King’s air space is not permitted.
- Sculpture Conservation: Help us preserve Storm King’s collection for future generations. Even natural oils of clean hands can damage the surfaces of sculptures. Please enjoy our long and native grass fields, but do not stand in these areas. Touching, walking on, or climbing on works of art is prohibited at this time. A small number of interactive sculptures will be cordoned off to reinforce this measure.
- Picnicking: You are welcome to bring in food and use the designated picnic areas located adjacent to the North and South parking areas. Please adhere to physical distancing (6 ft.) between groups in the picnic area and dispose of your trash and recyclables properly. Blankets may be spread on the lawn in both picnic areas as long as they are set up away from the sculptures. Visitors choosing to picnic must be respectful of other visitors and operations. Visitors may not hold picnic tables, bring tents, furniture, cooking equipment, or play audible music.
- Strollers: Storm King is a wonderful place to bring children of all ages. Strollers are allowed and most strollers are suitable for the gravel roads around the property. Due to the varied, sometimes hilly, terrain, heavy-duty strollers are encouraged. Strollers are not allowed in the Galleries of the Museum Building.
Storm King Art Center is located in the town of Cornwall, NY.
For GPS purposes use:
1 Museum Road
New Windsor, NY 12553
Metro-North provides service from Grand Central Terminal to Beacon station. For more information and schedules, visit mta.info.
Weekend Shuttle Service from Beacon Station
Saturdays and Sundays only. Visitors arriving via Metro-North can book a ticket package which includes admission to Storm King and round-trip shuttle transportation from Beacon Station. Advance purchase is required, and tickets are limited. Click here to view the shuttle schedule and plan your visit. Please note that Metro-North tickets must be purchased separately.
RIDESHARE / TAXI
Ridesharing services such as Lyft and Uber are available in the area, but wait times may be longer than in more populated regions. Please refer to your service’s health & safety guidelines before riding.
Local taxi services:
- All Family: 845.565.1616
- Tony’s Taxi: 845.562.7444
- Jessie’s Limo and Car Service (Beacon): 845.401.0227
Day packages from NYC to Storm King via Coach USA (Shortline bus) remain temporarily suspended.
Food & Outdoor Café
ORDER FOOD FOR PICK-UP
The Storm King Outdoor Café is open for advance online ordering. Select from a locally sourced menu of boxed lunches, snacks, and drinks (including beer and wine) ahead of your visit. During checkout, please select a pickup date and time during your visit. All orders must be placed at least 1 hour in advance. Click here to see the menu and order through our partner, Fresh Company. Members receive 10% off purchases.
Picnic areas are located near the North and South Parking lots. Please adhere to physical distancing (6 ft.) between groups in the picnic area and dispose of your trash and recyclables properly. Visitors are welcome to bring their own food. We do not allow grilling.
Vending machines are located at the bottom of the elevator building and in the kiosk adjacent to North Parking. Items sold include snacks, drinks, the Storm King Art Center Sculpture Guide, bug repellent, masks, hand sanitizer, ponchos, and items for kids.
Exploring Storm King by bike is a great way to view the art and landscape on our 500-acre grounds. Admission tickets are required for all visits and must be reserved separately from Bike Rentals.
Bike Rental Schedule
There are two bike rental windows available:
Morning: 10:30am – 1:00pm
Afternoon: 1:30pm – 4:00pm
You may pick up your rental any time during your rental window. Bikes must be returned within that same time frame.
Bike Rental Pricing
Adult: $25 / $22.50 Member
Child seats and children’s bikes are not available to rent at this time.
All bike rental reservations must be purchased online. For additional details and to rent a bike, please click here.
As we adhere to NY State mandates for health and safety, bike rental availability is limited, and the rental windows allow time for proper sanitization between reservations.
Please note: personal bikes are not permitted at Storm King.
GROUP VISITS & TOURS
As Storm King adheres to NY Forward guidelines for opening, group bookings remain suspended until further notice.
For a self-guided experience, text STORM to 56512 to access Storm King’s audio tour. Storm King staff and artists speak about sculptures from our permanent collection and long-term loans, as well as special exhibitions. Message and data rates may apply.
We look forward to once again being able to safely welcome school groups, adult and non-profit community groups, and business and tourism groups.
MUSEUM BUILDING: VISITOR CENTER, GALLERIES & STORE
The Museum Building—including the Visitor Center, indoor galleries, and Museum Store—remains closed.
Conventional restrooms equipped with changing tables are available behind the Museum Building, which is located on Museum Hill near East Parking. Porta Johns are located throughout the grounds and marked on the map.
Please visit the Museum Store online to shop for Storm King merchandise, books, games and activities for kids, and more. Members receive a 10% discount on all purchases.
GROUNDS & ACCESSIBILITY
Storm King is a 500-acre outdoor sculpture museum. Please come prepared to spend the day outdoors, check the weather forecast, and wear comfortable walking shoes.
Visitors are encouraged to bring their own face masks, hand sanitizer, sunscreen, and bug spray. These items can also be purchased via the vending machines on-site.
Conventional flush toilets with changing tables are located on Museum Hill behind the Museum Building. Porta Johns are located throughout Storm King. All facilities are marked on the map which is posted to kiosks on-site and can be downloaded here. Due to increased cleaning frequency, restrooms may be temporarily inaccessible at certain times throughout the day and signage will indicate such. Social distancing and face coverings are required for visitors queuing Porta Johns and when inside conventional restrooms.
Storm King’s tram service is not able to operate in compliance with social distancing restrictions. Visitors who use wheelchairs are requested to use the paved paths around the site. Paved paths are indicated on the map, and Visitor Services staff can help suggest routes that avoid steep terrain. As an alternative to the tram, accessible driving tours are being offered on select dates. See below for details.
While trams remain closed, Storm King is pleased to offer driving tours on select days for visitors with a disability or others who may need an alternative to walking the grounds. With advanced reservations, visitors are invited to arrive before our public hours to drive their own vehicles through the Art Center in a caravan led by staff vehicles. An audio tour is offered live by phone. Regular ticket prices apply and reservations are required at least 48 hours in advance. Check our calendar for the next available tour date.
Wheelchairs are available for use free of charge on a first-come, first-served basis and can be requested from a staff member on arrival.
Storm King welcomes ADA Title III service animals. Storm King does not allow pets, emotional support animals, comfort animals, or therapy dogs.
Storm King’s grounds comprise varied terrain including rolling meadows, hills, wooded areas, paved paths, and gravel paths. Strollers and wheelchairs can utilize both the paved and gravel paths.
Much of Storm King is open to the elements, is wooded, has running or sitting water, and is home to wild animals, reptiles, and insects. While Storm King’s staff engages in maintenance and landscape management, visitors must be aware of the natural surroundings, including fallen and falling limbs, insects, reptiles, wild animals, mud, water hazards, steep slopes, and loose and uneven surfaces. If you require first aid for bee stings, falls, etc., please contact a member of our Visitor Services Staff.
If you have additional questions about ADA accessibility, please email email@example.com.
To view or download a map of Storm King’s grounds and available amenities, please click here.
For recommendations on visiting the Town of Cornwall and other areas near Storm King, please visit the Local Amenities page.