TICKETS SOLD OUT THROUGH AUGUST 10TH
We are unable to admit non-ticket holders. Visit stormking.org for next available ticket times.
RESERVE TICKETS (REQUIRED FOR ALL VISITORS)
Storm King Art Center is now open as an outdoor-only experience with limited amenities. As we adhere to NY state mandates on visitor capacity, timed-entry tickets are required for all visitors and must be reserved in advance. Please note that we cannot guarantee entry without an advance ticket reservation.
CLICK HERE TO RESERVE TICKETS THROUGH AUGUST 31
Dates and entry times are available on a first-come, first-served basis and sold-out days/times will no longer appear in the ticketing system. Remember to review our admission details and visitor policies below before booking your visit.
Entry times are available from 10:00am to 3:00pm. Visitors must arrive onsite during the hour indicated on your ticket. Visitors who arrive prior to the confirmed time will be asked to return at the designated time.
TICKET RELEASE SCHEDULE
Tickets are released biweekly on Wednesdays. The next block of tickets will be available starting at noon on Wednesday, August 19 for visits through September 14.
Members must log in to access free admission benefits and Member-only times. Join or renew as a Member to receive free admission all year, access during select Member-only times, invitations to virtual programs and events, and discounts in the online Museum Store.
Need help? Use the live chat function in the bottom corner of your browser window to speak with a staff member during weekday business hours.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Wednesday–Monday (closed Tuesdays), 10:00am–5:30pm
Member Mornings: Sundays from 10:00am–11:00am (August 9, 16, 23, and 30)
Timed-entry tickets are required for all visitors. Entry times are available from 10:00am to 3:00pm. Visitors must arrive onsite during the hour indicated on your ticket. Visitors who arrive prior to the confirmed time will be asked to return at the designated time.
Per-vehicle pricing is in effect. Visitors may reserve tickets for up to 6 people per vehicle (children under 5 do not need to be counted in your total). There is no additional fee for parking.
Car (1 person) $20.00
Car (2 people) $40.00
Car (3 people) $48.00
Car (4 people) $68.00
Car (5 people) $76.00
Car (6 people) $84.00
Storm King is pleased to offer complimentary admission for the 2020 season to the following visitors. Please call us at 845-534-3115 to reserve your tickets:
- Frontline healthcare professionals (doctors, nurses, hospital staff, EMTs, paramedics)
- Active military and their family
- EBT users via Museums for All
- American Association of Museum (AAM) Members
- Modern and Contemporary Reciprocal Membership Program (Mod/Co)
- International Committee of Museums (ICOM)
- Sotheby’s Preferred Members
- Museum staff
- Storm King Partner School/Organization students, families, and educators
- Library Members: free admission for a vehicle of 6; please contact your local library to check out a pass before reserving tickets
Storm King is currently operating as an outdoor-only experience with limited amenities. Onsite programs remain suspended until further notice.
Health & Safety/What to Expect
- Before Your Visit: Plan to spend your day outdoors and check the weather before your visit (we’re open rain or shine!). Especially during the summer months, prepare for walking in the heat. Wear comfortable shoes, and bring your mask, a water bottle, insect repellent, sunscreen, and hand sanitizer.
- Arrival: Please arrive to Storm King during the hour shown on your ticket. Upon arrival, Storm King staff will direct you to the contactless ticket processing area, please stay in your vehicle and our staff will scan your ticket through your closed window. You will then be directed towards the parking area and are free to enjoy our 500 acres until closing time.
- Physical Distancing: For everyone’s safety, observe a physical distance of six feet from staff and visitors not in your family/arrival party. Please wear a face covering if a six-foot distance cannot be maintained, such as walking along narrow paths, in the elevator, and when queuing for/inside restrooms. Staff will enforce these rules in accordance with NY State guidelines.
- Restrooms: Conventional restrooms equipped with changing tables are available behind the Museum Building, which is located on Museum Hill near East Parking. Porta Johns are located throughout the grounds and marked on the map.
- Amenities: The following amenities remain closed: Museum Building—including the Visitor Center, indoor galleries, and Museum Store; Storm King’s Outdoor Café, Café Cart, and Food Truck; tram service; and bike rentals.
- Audio Tour: Storm King staff and artists speak about sculptures from our permanent collection and long-term loans, as well as special exhibitions. Text STORM to 56512 to access Storm King’s audio tour. Message and data rates may apply.
General Visitor Policies
- Pets: Storm King welcomes ADA Title III service animals. Storm King does not allow pets, emotional support animals, comfort animals, or therapy dogs.
- Smoking: Smoking, including electronic cigarettes, are not permitted on Storm King’s grounds.
- Personal Bikes: Storm King does not allow the use of personal bicycles, scooters, skateboards, or hover boards for reasons of liability and congestion on pathways.
- Recreational Sports: Bikes, kites, Frisbees®, balls, and other recreational items are not permitted and must be left in your car. Playing sports or jogging on the grounds is not allowed.
- Photography and Drones: Photography is welcome at Storm King for personal use only. No commercial use or publication of any images of or relating to Storm King is allowed without prior approval, please visit the Private Events page to submit a photo/film request. Use of drones or any aerial vehicles at Storm King or over Storm King’s air space is not permitted.
- Sculpture Conservation: Help us preserve Storm King’s collection for future generations. Even natural oils of clean hands can damage the surfaces of sculptures. Please enjoy our long and native grass fields, but do not stand in these areas. Touching, walking on, or climbing on works of art is prohibited at this time. A small number of interactive sculptures will be cordoned off to reinforce this measure.
- Picnicking: You are welcome to bring in food and use the designated picnic areas located adjacent to the North and South parking areas. Please adhere to physical distancing (6 ft.) between groups in the picnic area and dispose of your trash and recyclables properly. Blankets may be spread on the lawn in both picnic areas as long as they are set up away from the sculptures. Visitors choosing to picnic must be respectful of other visitors and operations. Visitors may not hold picnic tables, bring tents, furniture, cooking equipment, or play audible music.
- Strollers: Storm King is a wonderful place to bring children of all ages. Strollers are allowed and most strollers are suitable for the gravel roads around the property. Due to the varied, sometimes hilly, terrain, heavy-duty strollers are encouraged. Strollers are not allowed in the Galleries of the Museum Building.
Storm King Art Center is located in the town of Cornwall, NY.
For GPS purposes use:
1 Museum Road
New Windsor, NY 12553
Metro-North provides service from Grand Central Terminal to Beacon station. For more information visit mta.info.
Storm King’s weekend shuttle service from Beacon station is not running. Visitors who take the train may arrive at Storm King via rideshare or taxi.
New Jersey Transit/Metro-North provides service from Penn Station to the Salisbury Mills-Cornwall train station, three miles from Storm King. For more information visit njtransit.com.
RIDESHARE / TAXI
Ridesharing services such as Lyft and Uber are available in the area, but wait times may be longer than in more populated regions. Please refer to your service’s health & safety guidelines before riding.
Local taxi services:
- All Family: 845.565.1616
- Tony’s Taxi: 845.562.7444
- Jessie’s Limo and Car Service (Beacon): 845.401.0227
Day packages from NYC to Storm King via Coach USA (Short Line Bus) remain temporarily suspended.
GROUP VISITS & TOURS
As Storm King adheres to NY Forward guidelines for opening, group bookings remain suspended until further notice.
For a self-guided experience, text 56512 to STORM to access Storm King’s audio tour. Storm King staff and artists speak about sculptures from our permanent collection and long-term loans, as well as special exhibitions. Message and data rates may apply.
We look forward to once again being able to safely welcome school groups, adult and non-profit community groups, and business and tourism groups.
MUSEUM BUILDING: VISITOR CENTER, GALLERIES & STORE
The Museum Building—including the Visitor Center, indoor galleries, and Museum Store—remains closed.
Conventional restrooms equipped with changing tables are available behind the Museum Building, which is located on Museum Hill near East Parking. Porta Johns are located throughout the grounds and marked on the map.
Please visit the Museum Store online to shop for Storm King merchandise, books, games and activities for kids, and more. Members receive a 10% discount on all purchases.
NEW! ORDER FOOD FOR PICK-UP
While the Outdoor Café remains closed, you can order boxed lunches, snacks, and drinks (including beer and wine) ahead of your visit. During checkout please select your pickup date and time during your visit. All orders must be placed at least 24 hours in advance. Click here to see the menu and order through our partner, Fresh & Co. Members receive 10% off purchases.
Visitors are welcome to bring their own food and use the picnic areas onsite. Please adhere to physical distancing (6 ft.) between groups in the picnic area and dispose of your trash and recyclables properly. We do not allow grilling.
Vending machines are located at the bottom of the elevator building and in the kiosk adjacent to North Parking. Items sold include snacks, drinks, the Storm King Art Center Sculpture Guide, bug repellent, masks, hand sanitizer, ponchos, and items for kids.
Storm King bike rentals remain closed and personal bikes are not allowed onsite.
GROUNDS & ACCESSIBILITY
Storm King is a 500-acre outdoor sculpture museum. Please come prepared to spend the day outdoors, check the weather forecast, and wear comfortable walking shoes.
Visitors are encouraged to bring their own face masks, hand sanitizer, sunscreen, and bug spray. These items can also be purchased via the vending machines onsite.
Conventional flush toilets with changing tables are located on Museum Hill behind the Museum Building. Porta Johns are located throughout Storm King. All facilities are marked on the map which is posted to kiosks onsite and can be downloaded here. Due to increased cleaning frequency, restrooms may be temporarily inaccessible at certain times throughout the day and signage will indicate such. Social distancing and face coverings are required for visitors queuing Porta Johns and when inside conventional restrooms.
Storm King’s tram service is not able to operate in compliance with social distancing restrictions. Visitors who use wheelchairs are requested to use the paved paths around the site. Paved paths are indicated on the map, and Visitor Services staff can help suggest routes that avoid steep terrain.
At this time, visitors who use a wheelchair must bring their own.
Storm King welcomes ADA Title III service animals. Storm King does not allow pets, emotional support animals, comfort animals, or therapy dogs.
Storm King’s grounds comprise varied terrain including rolling meadows, hills, wooded areas, paved paths, and gravel paths. Strollers and wheelchairs can utilize both the paved and gravel paths.
Much of Storm King is open to the elements, is wooded, has running or sitting water, and is home to wild animals, reptiles, and insects. While Storm King’s staff engages in maintenance and landscape management, visitors must be aware of the natural surroundings, including fallen and falling limbs, insects, reptiles, wild animals, mud, water hazards, steep slopes, and loose and uneven surfaces. If you require first aid for bee stings, falls, etc., please contact a member of our Visitor Services Staff.
If you have additional questions about ADA accessibility, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view or download a map of Storm King’s grounds and available amenities, please click here.
For recommendations on visiting the Town of Cornwall and other areas near Storm King, please visit the Local Amenities page.