Widely celebrated as one of the world’s leading sculpture parks, Storm King Art Center has welcomed visitors from across the globe for more than fifty years. It is located only one hour north of New York City, in the lower Hudson Valley, where its pristine 500-acre landscape of fields, hills, and woodlands provides the setting for a collection of more than 100 carefully sited sculptures created by some of the most acclaimed artists of our time.
- Exhibit, acquire, borrow and conserve modern and contemporary art, focusing on large-scale sculpture sited in its expansive landscape, to create a dynamic and unique place to explore art in nature
- Provide engaging exhibitions, educational and public programs, and special events
- Contribute to an art historical discourse through archives on sculpture, scholarly research and publications
- Value relationships with artists and encourage development of their ideas and practices
- Wisely steward and conserve its natural setting by adopting sound and sustainable landscape and viewshed management practices
- As an international destination, contribute to the cultural life and prosperity of the region
Andy Goldsworthy, Five Men, Seventeen Days, Fifteen Boulders, One Wall, 2010. Courtesy of the artist and Galerie Lelong, New York.