Widely celebrated as one of the world’s leading sculpture parks, Storm King Art Center has welcomed visitors from across the globe for over fifty years. Located only one hour north of New York City, in the lower Hudson Valley, its 500 acres of rolling hills, woodlands, and fields of native grasses and wildflowers provide the setting for a collection of more than 100 carefully sited sculptures created by some of the most acclaimed artists of our time.
- Exhibit, acquire, borrow, and conserve modern and contemporary art, focusing on large-scale sculpture sited in the Art Center’s expansive landscape, to create a dynamic and unique place to explore art in nature
- Provide engaging exhibitions, educational and public programs, and special events
- Contribute to an art historical discourse through scholarly research, publications, and archives on sculpture
- Value relationships with artists and encourage development of their ideas and practices
- Wisely steward and conserve the Art Center’s natural setting by adopting sound and sustainable landscape and viewshed management practices
- As an international destination, contribute to the cultural life and prosperity of the region